Community Code of Conduct
VFX Apprentice is an international learning community open to everyone without discrimination.
We want this community to be a safe and welcoming place for both newcomers and current members. Everyone should feel comfortable and accepted regardless of their current skill level or personal backgrounds.
As an international community, be aware that differences in culture and English proficiency can make communication more challenging.
Everyone should be made to feel comfortable sharing their work and engaging in our community.
- Ask for clarification if you do not understand a message.
- Do not take mistakes as an opportunity to correct or teach a language.
- If someone asks you to rephrase something you said, be ready to do so without feeling judged.
• Politeness is expected at all times. Be kind and courteous.
• Keep content PG-13 and avoid NSFW posts.
• No religion or politics in any channel. (Some exceptions can be made in the motivation channel. Specific rules can be found in pinned messages.)
• Criticism should be constructive and specific.
• Approach differences as a joint learning opportunity, not a win/lose battle.
• Don't insult or speak down to others.
• Clever comments are encouraged, trolls are not.
• Don't spam or @ mention people unnecessarily.
• Reflect on your state of mind. If you're not calm, consider stepping away.
• If your nickname is deemed too distracting or interrupts the discord conversation/chat, mods may ask you to change it.
• We encourage you to share resources you are learning from. We do not support marketing for your own profit.
• Posts deemed by the mods as marketing for financial gain will be removed.
• Don't share assets that are paid or otherwise not publicly available. You are also not allowed to provide resources on how to attain them.
• Do not request or provide medical, financial, or other advice that should be left to professionals.
• Use @Moderator only for urgent issues e.g. when an immediate ban is required.
• These rules aren't comprehensive. Their spirit matters, so listen to the mods.
If you are being harassed, see someone being harassed, or have any concerns about a user who you believe is violating this code of conduct, please directly contact a @Moderator or @Mentor.